Friday, March 21, 2008

Shopping & hanging with my bestie

Is there no better holiday than hanging out with your best bud, shopping, sewing and going to a craft show?

We spent the first day exploring some stores we'd seen in other blogs. First stop was Meet Me At Mikes. Such an awesome little store and really nice people. We picked out a handmade heart each. The proceeds from each heart go to the Mirabel Foundation.
We wandered around looking at all the great shops. It was so hot! At least mid-high 30's. We stopped in at the in.cube8r gallery. It is a really great store. There were so many things I would love to buy.

While we were looking around the store someone took a piece of jewelery. I ran after the suspected shop lifter and brought her back to the store. Much to Jen & the store keepers surprise. But I just felt really bad for the shop keeper, she looked so upset. The suspect denied it and we had to let them go.

After the drama we needed sustenance. We stopped by the local chocolateria and after a dark chocolate milkshake and some cheesecake we had to look at shoe shops to distract us from our tummy aches.

We stopped by Douglas & Hope just before it closed. I got a cute kitty pattern, Little Kitty, by Melly & Me and some fabric.
The next day we went to the Stitches and Craft show. I loved the Living Creatively garden. I thought they were kidding when they said they had rabbits in it. But there were adorable little bunnies hopping around. I couldn't resist these fabrics. Cats, cupcakes, butterflies, paw prints and stripes!

No comments: